Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 3

Well, I finally found out how to blog with the help of another 100 day healthy heart blogger. I really enjoyed reading all of your posts and seeing the success that you are all seeing. I was a faithful watcher of the biggest loser this last season. The take home message for me was that we are all in this together. When one succeeds at weight loss, we all succeed. I am happy for you all and want to see all of us "win" at this game of health and fitness.

I had a rough start the first 2 weeks. The first week I went to Yellowstone and did not eat very well and only exercised a small amount. Needless to say, I went up five pounds real fast. I spent the next week trying to get on track and get my eating and exercising in sync. Well finally I think I have it and am back down to my original starting weight.

I also had my first workout with a trainer last week. It was great. I worked really hard and worked up a sweat. I just love the feeling you get after you have worked real hard. You only get it when you push to yourself to your limit.

I am not so interested in the number of pounds I lose. I want to lose inches off my waist and hips. It upsets me that my top is so much smaller than my middle and I have to buy a bigger size pants than my top. Success for me is to be able to fit into a skirt that I bought this month. The top fits me fine but the skirt is snug. I am looking for results and being able to zip up the skirt and not have to suck in.


Well, it has been nice talking with all of you. Got to go. My husband and I are going bike riding. Hope we don't get rained on. Have a wonderful evening!
Sherrie

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Sherrie! Good to "see" you. I love your post about us being in this together. It is so true. I also like the part about how you gained weight while on vacation but turned around right away and got back to your previous exercise and eating patterns. That experience is a real life one that we will all face and now we know it can be rectified when we just hop back on the exercise and healthy eating wagon.

Penny said...

Hope the bike ride was dry! Isn't it nice to have support from family and someone to excersice with? Way to go Mr. Roseman! My kids have been very supportive and my husband gives me verbal support, (Like the morning I slept in and didn't go to the gym he asked me, "Why didn't you go to the gym?) but he has a hard time finding the time to get out with me. I hope my example will help him and encourage him to do better too.