Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am so excited. My daughter and I ran a 5K today (Lehi) and we ran the whole way. We did not do it in record time (37 minutes and 48 seconds) but we were doing it to prove to ourselves that we could. I couldn't of done it without her. All through the race she kept saying "Mom, I cant believe you are running this far without stopping. I am so proud of you". That made it worth it. Needless to say I am sore all over (from the jump roping class on Friday and jogging today) but I feel great. My weight is still the same since I started this program but I can tell my endourance is getting better. I am trying not to make a big deal of the scales. I am still not in my skirt but I try it on every few days. I know it will come. The best part of this whole deal is the way I feel. I am so happy to be able to hike, bike, jog, jump rope, walk, etc. I love this new active life style.

Also, just got back from Texes RoadHouse for dinner. I am proud of myself. I just love the rolls. I usually eat 4 or 5 and them my meal. Tonight I took one roll, put honey butter on it and cut it in half. Then I took one of the halves and cut it up into small bite size pieces and nubbled on it through out the meal. Did not even get to the second half. Ate my sweet potatoe plain and only half my chicken and baked beans. Yea, I think I can do this. Its not about cutting out all of the food you like, its learning to have them in moderation.

Hope all of you are having success. Thanks for being in the together.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on your run! That is a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Monica said...

Wow Sherrie...a 5K without stopping! I'm impressed and have the same goal to accomplish. Nice job! You're doing great!

Brooke said...

You're doing so great Sherrie!

Michelle said...

CONGATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

You did awesome on the run and you are figuring out how to enjoy the foods you usually do but eat the right portion sizes!